WILLIAMS REFRIGERATION AUSTRALIA PTY LTD
We comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) as contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). The APPs detail how personal information may be collected, used, disclosed, stored and destroyed, and how an individual may gain access to or make complaints about the personal information held about them.
“Personal information” is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or about an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
In the course of doing business, we predominately collect business information. However, the collection of personal information in some instances is necessary or unavoidable.
What personal information we collect and hold
The kinds of personal information we collect from you or about you will depend on the transaction you have entered into with us, the goods or services you or your organisation have contracted us to provide, and the goods you or your organisation are interested in.
The kinds of personal information that we commonly collect and hold from you or about you include:
- your name and job title;
- your contact information including telephone number, fax number and email address;
- your date of birth, drivers licence details and bank account / credit card details;
- demographic information such as your postcode, preferences and interests; and
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
When you browse our website or contact us electronically, we record your IP-address, browser line and domain, the name of the web pages you request, the website you are using to visit us, date and time of your visit, the volume of data transmitted and successful file retrieval. This information does not identify you personally and is only used for our internal purposes.
How we collect and hold personal information
We aim to collect personal information only directly from you, unless it is unreasonable or impracticable for us to do so. For example, we collect personal information from you or about you from letters, emails, application forms and contracts that you submit to us, telephone calls with us and from your activity on our website.
However, in some instances we may receive personal information about you from third parties, such as other entities within the Williams Refrigeration group, or our associated businesses, dealers and referrers. You can be anonymous or use a pseudonym when dealing with us, unless:
- the use of your true identity is a legal requirement; or
- it is impracticable for us to deal with you on such basis.
Why we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information from you or about you where it is reasonably necessary for us to carry out our business functions and activities. For example, we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information as necessary to provide our goods and services to you or your organisation. We will also disclose your personal information to banking institutions (to verify and process your payments) and to our dealer and reseller network (if relevant).
If we do not collect, hold, use or disclose your personal information, or if you do not consent, then we may not be able to answer your enquiry, complete the transaction you have entered into, or provide the goods that you or your organisation have contracted us to provide.
We also collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for related purposes that you would reasonably expect, such as our internal record keeping and administrative and accounting functions, fraud checks, improving our products and services, providing you with information about other goods offered by us, marketing and promotions, market research, customer service and management, warranty work, newsletter communications, statistical collation and website traffic analysis.
Where we wish to use or disclose your personal information for other purposes, we will obtain your consent.
Where we use your personal information for marketing and promotional communications, you can opt out at any time by notifying us. Opt out procedures are also included in our marketing communications.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties (including government departments and enforcement bodies) where required or permitted by law.
How we hold and store personal information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure, including:
- Data held and stored on paper is stored in lockable filing cabinets within our secure and alarmed premises.
- Data held and stored electronically is protected by identification and password protections and restricted internal access via file passwords.
- Where we disclose personal information to third parties (including contractors and affiliated businesses located locally and overseas), our contractual arrangements with them include specific privacy requirements.
- Our staff receive regular training on privacy procedures.
- In unlikely situation, when we become aware that there are reasonable grounds to suspect that unauthorised access to, or unauthorised disclosure of, information held by us might have taken place we will follow the requirements of the Privacy Amendment (Notifiable Data Breaches) Act 2017(Cth).
A cookie is a small file which requests permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. Declining to accept cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of particular websites.
Cookies help us to analyse web traffic and lets us know when you visit a particular page on our website. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual, and to tailor its operations to your likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your online browsing habits and preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages on our website are being used. This helps us analyse statistical data about webpage traffic and improve the content on our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better experience when using our website.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- when you fill in a form on our website, we provide you with an “opt in” tick box to receive direct marketing communications from us in relation to news and special offers;
- any direct marketing communications you receive from us will contain an “unsubscribe” facility; and
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
Destruction and De-identification
We will retain your personal information whilst it is required for any of our business functions, or for any other lawful purpose.
We use secure methods to destroy or to permanently de-identify your personal information when it is no longer needed. Paper records are commonly shredded or sent for secure destruction, and electronic records are archived and/or placed beyond use.
Our business is affiliated with and deals with other businesses and organisations located overseas. In the course of doing business with you, we are likely to disclose some of your personal information to overseas recipients. However, we will only do so where:
- it is necessary to complete the transaction you have entered into; and
- you have provided consent; or
- we believe on reasonable grounds that the overseas recipient is required to deal with your personal information by enforceable laws which are similar to the requirements under the APPs; or
- it is otherwise permitted by law.
Our Head Office is located in England. Our overseas affiliates within the Williams Refrigeration group are located in: China and Italy.
Requests for access and correction
We have procedures in place for dealing with and responding to requests for access to, and correction of, the personal information held about you.
In most cases, we expect that we will be able to comply with your request. However, a small fee may be payable in some circumstances. If we do not agree to provide you access or to correct the information as requested, we will give you written reasons why. For further information, please contact us.
To assist us to keep our records up-to-date, please notify us of any changes to your personal information.
Complaints and Concerns
We have procedures in place for dealing complaints and concerns about our practices in relation to the Privacy Act and the APPs. We will respond to your complaint in accordance with the relevant provisions of the APPs. For further information, please contact us.
Williams Refrigeration Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 4195 DANDENONG SOUTH, VIC 3164
+61 3 8787 4787 r