Energy Efficiency – Glycol Refrigeration
Glycol refrigeration systems are one of the most environmental friendly refrigeration systems, that also offer enhanced performance and significantly reduced energy consumption.
What is a Glycol System
A glycol system consist of linking a number of independently controlled refrigerated cabinets, counters, bottle coolers, merchandisers or coldrooms together. A chilled glycol solution is then circulated within a closed loop ring using an externally located pump and a single refrigeration charge.
The main chiller units are designed to be located externally (or internally in a plant room) and chill the glycol solution via a plate heat exchanger connected to a direct expansion refrigeration system with a common enclosure. The individual cabinets and coldrooms are independently controlled by their own digital controller to achieve their preset temperature.
Glycol itself is a completely foodsafe, non-hazardous liquid, which retains its properties throughout the process resulting in a number of performance and user benefits including increased performance, energy efficiency and cost savings.
A Glycol Refrigeration System is excellent for all equipment running at 1°C and above. Many of our products can be specified to operate on glycol and we are also able to modify certain other equipment such as servery counters to also operate on the system.
Why choose a Glycol System
The Glycol Chiller units are designed to be located externally (or an internal plant room) with a weather resistant casing - locations include rooftops; courtyards and basements.
The combination of the externally located chiller and the enhanced properties of glycol refrigeration means this unique system offers a wide range of benefits including;
- Highly efficient temperature control
- Length of temperature holding time
- Ability to keep ambient temperatures to a minimum
- Increased efficiency and performance for reduced wastage and improved stock turnaround
- 100% fully flooded coils for almost instant pull down of temperature versus 65% in traditional refrigeration systems
- Upto 25% reduction in running costs
- Glycol is totally foodsafe, with no health risks to users and installers
- Little or no heat emissions into the kitchen - reducing ventilation and air conditioning requirements
- Reduced noise levels in the kitchen improving the working environment
- Reduced energy consumption meets Climate Levy demands
- Reduced refrigeration gas charge by
- up to 80%.